1. Who is Elly la Fripouille?
Elly la Fripouille is a French Luxury Brand of UV Swimwear for kids. Learn more about us here.
2. How do I place an order?
Easy process: just choose your style and size, add it to your cart and then proceed to checkout. Pricing is in USD only. If you have any problems along the way please send us an email using our contact form.
3. What payment do you take?
We do accept the following credit cards, debit cards and payments service on ellylafripouille.com :
- American Express
- and many more
It is not possible to pay by check.
Please note that all pricing is in USD.
4. How is your website secured?
Ellylafripouille.com provides a safe and convenient online shopping experience. Security is top of the list for purchasing online, we want you to feel completely safe and secure using our payment facilities.
We use the most famous are reliable payment system in the world (hosted in the USA) as our secure payment gateway : Shopify. Our website is hosted in the USA and Canada by Shopify too.
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe and secure Elly la Fripouille uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encrypts and protects the data you send to us over the internet. If SSL is enabled then you will see a padlock at the top of your browser and you can click on this to find out information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
5. How do I track my order?
Once your order is despatched you will receive an email confirmation containing a tracking number. Please allowed 24h for computer data update to start tracking your parcel.
6. How can I contact you?
You can email us us or chat with us any time and we will reply in 24h maximum.
7. Do you ship internationally?
Elly la Fripouille is a global brand. Ellylafripouille.com is our dedicated platform for USA market and we do ship worldwide. Check our delivery page to know more.
We also have dedicated website for France and Korea.
8. What shipping methods do you use?
We offer for most destination two different shipping options, Standard and Express:
- For international we offer only DHL Express to assure reliable delivery. Please see details on our shipping page details to know more.
- Our forwarder are USPS, UPS, Fedex and DHL for USA, La Poste, Royal Mail, Correos and DHL for Europe.
- 95% of our shipment are located from different facilities in the USA according with your State of destination.
- Orders to international address might be dispatched from France. Some orders to USA might be delivered from France for stock availabilities reasons but this will not affect shipping prices or delivery time.
9. Do you accept returns?
At Elly la Fripouille we believe that you have the right to change your mind. We do accept returns if you comply with our returns terms. Please follow this link to see our returns terms.
10. What is UPF50+? What is a Sun Protective swimsuit or rash vest?
The UPF rating system was developed by the Australian Government, to indicate the level of protection the garment provides from the sun's UV rays on a scale of 15 to 50+. The higher the UPF the higher the protection from UV rays. UPF50+ is the highest standard for UVA and UVB protection. Elly la Fripouille swimsuits, rash vests, swim shorts, hats or sunglasses are all created using a premium fabric that provides 50+ UPF (Ultra Violet Protection Factor) defence against 95% to 98% of the sun's harmful rays.
The best way to protect children from the sun is to cover them up in clothing or swimwear that blocks sun’s harmful rays. For clothing to be able to block the suns harmful rays it needs to have a UPF or Ultra Violet Protection Factor (SPF or Sun Protection factor relates to sunscreen only).
Elly la Fripouille swimwear has a UPF rating of 50+.
11. Does your fabric contain chemicals?
Not at all! Elly la Fripouille swimwear does not contain any chemicals, lead or hazardous elements. To ensure our designs are of the best quality, we carefully select high quality fabrics, certified free of chemicals harmful to the health of infants and children (certification OEKO TEX STANDARD 100). Our small metals parts for the zip or buttons are nikel free.
12. So how does the fabric get the UV sun protection then?
Elly la Fripouille swimwear provides an Ultra Violet Protection Factor of UPF 50+. What makes the fabric provides sun protection is due to the fabric itself and how it is sewed - the density of the weave of the fabric is up to 10 times more than a usal cotton t-shirt. Other factors such as color, and whether the fabric is wet or dry also play a part in the sun protection, but all Elly la Fripouille swimwear whatever the color, wet or dry blocks 96% to 98% of all harmful rays. So your children will not be getting sun burnt whilst wearing a Elly la Fripouille swimsuit or rash vest.
Our fabric is strong but delicate and should be looked after with care. Ideally we recommend just to rinse your item after use and hang up to dry. Regarding washing we recommend the following:
- Rinse in cold water after use
- Hand Wash separately in cold water
- Do not soak or Bleach
- Use a delicate detergent
- If you wash in a machine do not use the spin cycle to prevent stretching and thinning
- Drip Dry in the Shade
- Do not Tumble Dry
- Some colors may fade in the sunlight
- We use the best dyes available, however we cannot guarantee complete color fastness on some fashion colors. Some shades may bleed when wet.